The Centre for Family Research seminars enable researchers to share findings with staff and PhD students from related areas and those with similar research interests.
Seminars are normally held on a Tuesday from 1pm-2pm in Room 606, Centre for Family Research.
CFR Seminars 2013/2014
- 'Hora Chilena' - Special screening of the film followed by Q&A with the directors, Camila Iturra, Lautaro Vargas & Kip Loades. Drinks & nibbles afterwards in the Grace Howard Room. Apr 28, 2014 from 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM — Howard Theatre, Downing College,
- 'Hora Chilena' tells the story of a group of Chileans who fled the brutal Pinochet dictatorship of the 1970s and landed in Cambridge, and how together with some of the locals, they set about trying to rebuild their lives.
- 'Turning Problems into Data: Methodological Reflections on an Ethnographic Study of Male Infertility' (Dr Liberty Barnes, University of Cambridge) May 06, 2014 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM — Room 606, Centre for Family Research,
- 'Provision of effective mental health services to sexual and gender minorities - Results from a systematic review of the literature, 1980-2013' (Daragh McDermott, Anglia Ruskin University) May 20, 2014 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM — Room 606, Centre for Family Research,
- 'Social Cognition in adolescent social networks' (Dr Stephanie Burnett Heyes, University of Oxford) Jun 04, 2014 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM — Room 606, Centre for Family Research,